NINA Solo Competition – for young voices.
Bergen, 16 – 18 June 2021
Application date: 1 March 2022
The vocal competition is open for all for young and talented singers between 15 and 25 years. The contestants will sing pieces from the classical tradition.
SCHEDULE AND REGULATIONS 2022
Thursday 16 June 2022
- Possibilities for rehearsal with pianist in a rehearsal room. We need to know if you will bring your own pianist, or we should prepare one for you.
Friday 17 June, 2022
1st round – program
- Sing two well contrasting pieces from the classical tradition max. 10 minutes pure singing time. After the first round the jury will choose contestants for the 2nd round. Rehearsal time with pianist for the 2nd round in rehearsal room in the afternoon and evening.
Saturday 18 June 2022
2nd round – program
- Sing two well contrasting pieces from the classical tradition max. 10 minutes pure singing time. After the second round the jury will choose 3 finalists.
Finale – program
- Finale with 3 finalists, concert and competition results. The finalists will sing one piece from the classical tradition. The finale will be in Grieghallen together with the Grand Prix Finale for the choir competitions.
- 1st Prize € 1000 – 2nd Prize € 600 – 3rd Prize € 300
- Pianist will be available for the competitors, but the singers might also bring their own for accompaniment
- The singers will be assessed by an international jury. The jury has the right to award the 1st, 2nd and 3rd Prizes. Adjudicator will give one point of the used scale 10-25 points for each singer. The final point will be the average of the given point from the jury. In case the singer exceeds the time limit for more than 30 seconds, each extra minute will equal to 1 minus point in the total score.
Members of the jury will be announced in April 2021.
- For applicants who not attend choir competitions € 80
- For applicants who also attend choir competitions € 50